View Single Post
Old 2012-03-06, 07:06 AM

Re: Phish 1990-02-17 Amherst, MA (NTSC)

OK, I'm not going to get into a discussion of how analog is NOT "16/44" and how "16/44" is a digital standard, nor am I willing to discuss the in-and-outs of Transferring from analog to digital. It's fruitless, there are a zillion thesis' on the subject, and besides the point.

The point is there is in existance a 24/48 "master" WAV file, as well as a 16/44 WAV file. While I agree it is probably dumb to upsample the 44 to 48 for use on the video, using the 24/48 would have been preferable to the AC3 which is used now - which was exactly Marmar's point of contention.

Like I said, I don't want to get into the middle of this. Whether or not you think 24/48 is appropriate for Transferring analog is your own opinion. Marmar thinks its just fine. I have other issues with his Transferring Process, but I'm not going to complain because he does so much for the community. In other words, we all have our own preferences. I do believe that we all would prefer to have lossless audio and not AC3, or are you arguing that AC3 is acceptable???

And again, I am not dissing CleanTone and his work. I actually praise him for it. Props and many thanks. I don't DL many vids, but I did DL this one. Again thanks for the hard work.

Have a nice day!

Terry
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes