View Single Post
Old 2005-08-07, 03:23 PM
dare to discover

Re: DVD Trading Burning?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastHonestFool03
root folder? okay say for example, my fujirock download, thats the main fold- "FujiRock" and then in that foler is "disc one" folder "disc 2" folder and then 2 files not in any folders, one is "fujirock.md5" and the other is "ph 7-31-99 set2 txt."

now, if I'm burning the whole show, what would I do? I would drag and drop the disc one file into nero, and then put the md5 file and the "ph 7-31-99 set2" into the disc one DVD, and then for disc 2 I would drag and drop the disc 2 folder into nero, and the md5 and the "ph 7-31-99set2" text file in the nero also, correct?
That's not how I do it. I don't use the root folder. Aaron, doesn't the VIDEO_TS folder need to be directly accessed to play the DVD? It seems that by putting it inside another folder you have less chance of it working on a standalone.

I name the DVD with the show name, drop in the VIDEO_TS folder, and then the txt, md5 and artwork outside of that, not in any folder. Some people say you should put those in an EXTRAS_TS folder, but then the md5 can't be used to verify unless it is moved which is a drag.

Also, if you use Nero I would suggest selecting UDF/ISO since UDF is the new whatever it is (I forgot what I read about it by now) and ISO is older. This way it will be able to be read by both.

Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes