View Single Post
Old 2005-01-10, 02:24 PM
h_vargas

Re: DVD Checksum?

lol, here we go again. i don't have a problem if the MD5 checksum is outside the VIDEO_TS folder, except that it's easier to be "lost." yes, "lost"... i suspect people are more likely to elect to simply not copy the MD5 checksum onto the next copy if it (the MD5 checksum) is outside the VIDEO_TS folder. i'm not suggesting that people here would do that. but there are always "newbies" who might not know how to copy a disc correctly and may leave out an MD5 checksum that's outside the VIDEO_TS folder, just as they may not burn an included AUDIO_TS folder. true, nothing is usually in the AUDIO_TS folder and that folder isn't terribly important/needed in 99% of the DVDs out there - just like the VIDEO_RM or whatever it's titled folder generated by some standalone transfers. still, the principle is the same of someone neglecting to copy something they don't see/view/believe as "needed." if the MD5 checksum is inside the VIDEO_TS folder, then some such person (maybe a "newbie," maybe not) is less likely to fail to copy the MD5 checksum when they make a copy for someone else.

i have always had MD5 checksums inside the VIDEO_TS folder, as i haven't had any playback problems from those DVDs on my own player, nor on multiple other DVD players i've tried.

but in the end, whatever floats you're boat, i guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five
a couple more things... the md5 doesn't go in the VIDEO_TS folder.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes