View Single Post
Old 2005-12-14, 04:38 PM
sarcastic dork
TTD Staff

Re: Additional Seeding Problem(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsmyth79
So it's working now, or not? I bet your institution (like mine) is on a T1 so you should have blazing fast upload speeds. Did he mention what kind of line you're on?

I wouldn't mention to the IT about how much you upload, though, because they might have a fit (I u/l 100 gigs a day or so when I bring my comp to school).

Now if you have a wireless router at home you will also need to open up your particular port in the router. If you have an Airport this is very easy. If you plug right into your modem you should be sweet and it will be green light all the way. The portfrowrad website is more for PC users. Again, Macs rule.

I'm not home yet. I will be in about 45 minutes. I hope you're still around because nothing ever works the way it should first time. I always need help. I think our connection is T1+ or maybe even T3....and yeah I've uploaded 500 kiB/s no problem.

The router at home is not wireless. I got a box with the blinking lights and whatnot but fwiw I do have airport. The dude in IT said I'd have to connect using a VPNClient but now that I think about it.....I should only need that if I'm trying to connect to my computer if it's at the lab and I'm using an external computer to access it. The VPNClient allows me to get around the firewall so I can connect to my own personal computer if it's in the office and I'm not.....Just a guess tough. We'll see.
I'm always up for a trade <--Best viewed using anything but Internet Explorer.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes