View Single Post
Old 2011-08-27, 10:04 AM

Re: Trader's Little Helper

Quote:
Originally Posted by roann View Post
Encoding should work with file sizes up to 4 GB (I tested this long time ago when WinXP was the latest Microsoft OS).

Encoding should work with a file named C4_2011-08-24_raw (problems may occur if the file name is very long, ie more than 255 characters).

It would help to know whether encoding really is at 100% or not. Please encode that wav file again and "kill" TLH when the error message occurs. Then start TLH again and create shntool md5 fingerprints (st5) of the wav file and the encoded flac file. Are the fingerprints the same?

Robert
Thanks for your response Robert. I followed your instructions above and here are the results:

File 'C4_2011-07-23-EQ.flac' is possibly truncated or corrupt
00b0d23b6e9c59a8312652dddef21f48 [shntool] C4_2011-07-23-EQ.wav

There were errors

Once TLH gets to the "100% encoding" of the file the "Range Check Error Box" starts repeating over and over and over on the screen, each time creating a new "TLH range check error box". TLH does NOT display a checksum at this point, it just generates and repeats the "range check error box" ad infinitum. At that point the only way to close TLH is to shut down the machine. It is not possible to close the program normally. This same scenario played out with the same file at least 5 times yesterday.

I am stumped. I have never had any problems with TLH before and I have been using it since it's inception. TLH is an invaluable piece of software and I thank you for creating it and sharing it with us!!

Any help in resolving this issue would be appreciated.

Thanks,

David
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes