View Single Post
Old 2013-01-18, 12:25 AM

Re: Unecessary cdr step in transfers of recording with known and unknown lineage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameskg View Post
Minidisc recordings are not banned, for any year, at TTD.

What is banned is ATRAC compression, used by most MiniDisc recorders, on any recording made after Jan 1 2008... because there is no reason to use ATRAC any longer.

If you make a lossless / uncompressed PCM recording, using a MiniDisc recorder, you may share it here, no problem.

In a nutshell, TTD requires lossless audio but makes exception for ATRAC compression on recordings made before Jan 1 2008... due to the state of recording technology in the years preceding that date.
So this is the only program on the market that can tell us when a Minidisc recording made after 1/1/2008 is lossy or not??

Cool Edit Pro 2.x / Adobe Audition

This not a cheap program and i did not see a "free trial version" available.

Before i purchused the SONY Hi-MD MZ-M200 i researched it in 2009(i was already a member here)to make sure it was not ATRAC or lossy in the standard modes. The manual even clearly denotes this with out actually using the word "lossy".
What i really think happened is that the technology has changed in Minidisc recorders since your ban in 2008, and you just don't want to admit you've made a mistake.
Instead it seems you want me to jump thru "hoops" to prove otherwise.
I've submitted the same frequency analysis at two other sites and they pass he "lossy test" for their sites, but it not good enough here??

Come on guys let's pull that ban until you can prove the oppisite or just admit that the technology changed and you were unaware.
We all make mistakes and no one will hold it against you.

I have no desire what's so ever to share "lossy" recordings and would glad support the ban....if you can prove otherwise.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes