View Single Post
Old 2006-06-10, 10:05 AM
TTD Staff

Re: All of a sudden I am firewalled...

Quote:
Originally Posted by walter2
Im having problems with this too... i'm using a Linksys Router through Comcast cable, i've gone into my router and turned off the firewall, opened the ports i wanna use, but im not sure how to give myself a static IP, the photo instructions on portforward are for PC and im on a mac... what do i need to do?
First, you need to turn off DHCP in your router. Then you need to give yourself (and any other computers on your network). Go to System Preferences > Network, highlight the green light item (mine is Built-in Ethernet, yours probably is also) and select Configure. Then, where it says Configure IPv4, change it to Manually (if your router allows the option of DHCP with manual addy, then I think you can select that option here also. My router doesn't allow it, so I just have Manually selected). Then input an address that looks like this - 192.168.1.xxx (remember this addy, cuz that is what you will forward your ports to in your router). The other values are as portforward.com says (subnet mask: 255.255.255.0, rotuer: 192.168.1.1 (usually - it's whatever you put in your browser to get the configuration screeen), DNS Servers: you get those from your ISP). Then click Apply Now. Then, go to your router and forward the ports for the IP addy you put in there.

Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes