Thread: Firewalled?
View Single Post
Old 2006-02-26, 06:48 PM
TTD Staff

Re: Firewalled?

OK, update. I've looked at DIMEs method of determining if someone is 'connectable' or not and it is a bit more complicated than ours. It also uses more resources. However, all our check does is make an entry in the Peers table saying whether or not you are connectable or not and thus allows me to use the variable to write your port in red (if connectable=no) or black (if connectable=yes). That is all that variable is used for. It won't help or hinder your chances of connecting with others - your bittorrent client makes it's own determination on whether you may connect to others or not.

One thing I seem to notice in looking back over this is that stats don't seem to continue to be kept once the downloading is completed for that 'session'. Meaning, if you stopped your torrent after completing and then hit start again, the stats will then update again. Is that true? That would explain why I am fine if I just set myself to seed overnight (my stats update fine when I do that). If you guys are noticing that this is either true or false, holler. It will help me narrow down the problem.

Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes