View Single Post
Old 2005-01-07, 12:20 AM
DeepElem

Re: Too Tight, Too Loose, Just right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Lynne
Actually TV, the rule is no CDR, not no CDR(x) (unknown generation CDR, but it has the (x) there to indicate it is unknown). We want you to specify that it is an unknown generation CDR. And, we are pretty lose on the CDR(x) for older shows since we realize that you just don't know the generation of these CDRs and it is very unlikely that anyone can chase down a CDR(M) or CDR (1). I posted a Notice about this in Technobabble just the other day. We are going to be a lot less tolerant if someone tries to post a CDR(x) of a show from just last year (or, really, the last several years since people have been doing lossless and keeping track of this sort of thing).

Anyway, I just got off track. Charlie, this is a fine post and I am interested to hear what people think. I just had someone get very upset with me today about his XM radio sourced show being pulled yesterday. I was torn over that since I know the guy and know he is a serious trader.

So, speak up.

(And, I'm going to do a redirect of this thread to Site Suggestions - hmmm, someone made the suggestion as I was writing this post.)

Well, when I posted that show, I thought it would me moved to Pulled Bit Torrents, but a Mod pm'd me, and said :"Charlie, if you can't play by the rules, then please don't post a show stating such. It serves no purpose here.

Your show was moved to purgatory by one of the other mods"
I'm not going to post his name, because, I honestly was not trying to break the rules, get any favorite treatment, or cause trouble.
I was simply, trying to maybe let someone, that does not visit ezt too often, the chance to know it was there, Jack would be one example, because the last I heard,, he had not gotten a memership at ezt. In fact I was going to ask Jack, if he wanted it, I'd mail it, and Jack that offer still stands.
But with the message I got from this mod, oh, WWJD?,
I for sure wont be posting shows here anymore, I will visit cause I do have a few friends here.
But, I'm sorry, I will not lie, I could of made the lineage of source, where it met the site guidelines, but I will not do that, no matter what the site.
Some ppl do care more about the music then lineage, me for one.
If it sounds good, a quality show, etc, I could give a red rats ass if it was beamed from fucking mars, I want it, cause the music is what it's about to me.
Sorry I broke the rule. Lynne, beat me,whip me, make me write bad checks.
I did in fact send a pm to the mod's as I said I would that they might want to move it to Pulled Forum, but purgatory, that makes no sense to me, the pulled forum states:
Pulled Audio Bit Torrents
Torrents that were Removed from the TTD tracker and why.
I thought that was what it was for.
No hard feelings, I was trying to get a feel, to see if there was any leadway, based on common sense, I guess I got my answer.

WWJD?
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes