View Single Post
Old 2005-08-10, 10:07 AM
Non Serviam

Re: Standards for Naming Torrent Folders

Quote:
Originally Posted by freezer
"But at least give collectors their due. Master tapes get ruined, stolen, your house burns down, you die...lucky some collectors saved a copy."

What bullshit! What the hell do I care what you 'saved'? I did not record any shows solely for you to add to your archives, and I could give a rat's ass what part of my collection survives after I die...

guygee, please take this to heart, and I mean this sincerely, ".......and the horse you rode in on......"
Hey, not everyone can be a "superstar" taper from the 70's!

Anyways, what motivates you to seed your tapes at all? Why bother? After all, you can listen to them yourself whenever you want, right?

I did like your collection of "Black Napkins", but I really do not know if there is anything else in your collection I would want. I haven't looked at your list. So I wasn't referring to "me" collecting your shows, but to the general collecting pool. You know, the stuff that will survive after you die? Your life's work? You don't care? I guess you and I just look at things differently.

As to what I can contribute beyond "suggestions", it depends on what the folks who run Trader's Den think of my suggestions. Do they want to implement them in some form? If so, maybe I could help. If not, end of discussion.

Last edited by guygee; 2005-08-10 at 10:12 AM.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes