Old 2006-06-16, 10:58 AM
skodechoker

Re: Does poor ratio equate bad trader?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chachi420
Ok, look at it this way...
Good bittorrent traders.
YOU STILL DONT GET IT.

The word trader does not apply to bit torrents. Thats the whole point Im arguing. When you seed a show you're not trading it and neither is anyone else who downloads it. You're SHARING. The word trade does not apply so quit applying it. Use the dictionary there is not once instance of the definition where the word trade applies to a torrent upload.

When you seed, you get nothing in return, you're giving that show away. Whoever is the next seed, is giving that show away to the next one. No one gets anything in return for seeding that show. When you TRADE, I send someone discs and they send me some discs. There is an actual exchange. When you seed, you're not getting a show in return and neither is the next seeder who uploads it to the next seeder. Its still that same show being SHARED.

I've never argued a bad ratio is not a bad sharer. But a bad ratio does not equal a bad trader, and not one person in this thread has shown anything substantial to saying that a bad ratio = bad trader. Just all conjecture and absolute hokey bullshit. No stats showing that a bad ratio is a bad trader, not one example. Its arguing that a bad ratio is a bad sharer, which I AGREE WITH.

Share - To participate in, use, enjoy, or experience jointly or in turns,
A part or portion belonging to, distributed to, contributed by, or owed by a person or group.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes