View Single Post
Old 2006-06-16, 07:24 AM

Re: Does poor ratio equate bad trader?

hi, thanks for replying chachi, how do you think we can overcome the issue? and put it to bed so that it is fair to everyone as i dont think ratio enforcement would work on this and some other boot sites (different for pop music mp3 and film sites). ie i dloaded a 2dvd set from another site, i caught it at the end and although i have my normal ul speed capped at 20 while dloading, this torrent was ul at 1-2, even after opening up to 60 when i had finished dloading. so for my ratio i stopped it and searched the orhan list and started seeding a couple of shows i still had. it took me quite a while to get my ratio back up to over 0.7. if the ratio level were enforced i could have been banned while trying to do something about it as the initial drop was beyond my control. would that have been fair although it would have been right as that what the rules would have stated. I think here at TTD the rules etc are spot on but maybe we could have a type of 'ratio' cop who could look at the members and pm them, if they get a reasonable explanation of low ratio then fair enough, if not and the person is a pure leech and does not contribute to other areas of the site then out you go. One site i am on has a minimum of 0.25 share which i thinks works to keep ratios low as sometimes we only do what we have to.

hope that isn't such a ramble.

joe
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes