View Single Post
Old 2005-03-22, 09:56 AM

Talking Re: Standards for physically trading and b&p'ing DVDs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by h_vargas
rock on!! i do the same - use RecordNow Max... for both archived DVDs and Video-DVDs. works flawlessly for me, and never had an issue with a DVD not playing in a settop player. and the un-changed IFOs/BUPs are quite a bonus, apparently.
Wow, you guys are kicking butt on this discussion... glad I wasn't the only one who found the subject worthy of some bw.

FWIW, I'm using RecordNow Max too and getting perfect results and great playability (is that a word?).

As far as the .ifo and .bup changing, I obviously don't love the idea, as I'm an anal perfectionist who likes the md5's to check exactly... but these are just pointers and at the end of the day do not change the 'content' of the DVD, right? (please correct me if I'm wrong, I'm more of an audio guy in intellect) With that said, if the VOBs pass md5, then really you don't have a matching fileset, but you have the important/vital data, right?

Someone mentioned this issue being the SBE's of the video world and while the pointers to basically serve the same purpose--in my understanding--the editing of the ifo and bup files do not produce artifacts that degrade the watching/listening experience as SBE's do in the case of clicks between tracks on CD-A. So I agree, but to a varying degree

best,
Jim
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes