View Single Post
Old 2005-07-16, 12:10 PM

Re: Standards for physically trading and b&p'ing DVDs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsmyth79
I think as long as the .vob files are the same it probably doesn't make any difference. It's pretty annoying for me being an "md5 freak" and all. It seems like there's no way around this. I'm just going to keep the people I trade with informed if I'm giving them a disc with a different .bup and .ifo than the downloaded one.

I think an md5 of the entire contents' md5 is necessary to make sure the download is correct, but I don't think people should swet the altered files. For me it happens very infrequently, and I make a note of it in my records.
I agree - it's annoying, but seems to be unavoidable (unless we trade .iso images, which then cause their own problems).

Given that you've made notes about this, have you noticed any patterns in which DVDs have their IFO files modified when burning to DVD? i.e. do you know which DVD authoring programs were used for those DVDs?

If anyone has a set of "before" and "after" IFO files that are changed by Nero or Toast, I would be very interested in getting a copy to analyse.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes