View Single Post
Old 2010-10-18, 12:19 PM
doubleolove

Re: Question Aboout Trading and Delayed or Lost Package

Well alls well that ends well. The discs FINALLY arrived today. Thanks for your feedback. As I previously stated, I believed the discs were sent, I traded with this person a few times so I didn't think they were lying. Also I work in the Mail Sorting establishment so if anyone knows how mail gets delayed or misrouted, it's me. I offered to send money because it was such a large trade, and even though true, it was NOT my fault, I was trying to be nice. If we do future trades though, I will insist Delivery Confirmation be used for the extra 70 cents. They will also have to send first next time.

I once waited 10 months for a trade to be completed. This source had 1st gen recordings of a series I wanted upgrades of. I didn't need the whole series, maybe 55 discs worth. I sent my trade first in 2 shipments, a few weeks apart, all discs done in real time, as it was before I had a burner. I knew this person would take a while but after 6 months I began to inquire what was up. I got the standard "sorry, been busy, working on them, can send you what's done so far". I said I would wait for them all in one shipment. After another 3 months of no discs, I decided to ask if they would consider loaning me their masters and I would just do them myself quicky and return them. They replied they were "almost done" and after another 3-4 weeks, I finally got my stuff. I guess they felt guilty for taking so long because in addition to sending the 55 discs we agreed upon, they also sent me the additional 40 discs of the series as well. The only reason I didn't go nuts with them is because I knew they were slow and also because I already had the shows, these were just better copies. But I will never do a trade like that again!
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes