View Single Post
Old 2023-01-11, 11:05 PM
Champion of the Silent
TTD VIP

Re: Incredibly complicated to set up a torrent?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhitneyil View Post
Is there, or could there be a simple Step 1, Step 2, etc. process to help in the making of a proper torrent file and its posting online at TTB. I have the materials in FLAC and I have the necessary time to do the work. Is there a Good Samaritan to lead me or to provide me with the appropriate sources in understandable English that I might utilize? I hope so ...
For TTD...get your show folder somewhere you can find it easily. I use uTorrent to make my torrent file. Go to File > Create new torrent, browse to your folder ("Select Source"- check "Add Directory". I also have checked the "Start Seeding" and "Private Torrent" boxes. Then enter the Tracker ID - for TTD it is http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...r/announce.php then click "Create". A window opens and lets you browse to where you want to save the torrent file. DO NOT save it in your show folder! On TTD go to Forums > Audio Torrents > Upload show. Fill in all the boxes with your information. Then go to the very bottom of the page where it says "Manage Attachments". Browse to your torrent file, click on it, then click "Upload" When the file is attached (takes a second or two), go up a bit to "Submit New Thread". It will either open a new show page, or give you a chance to correct any errors or missing info. Assuming no errors and your page is open, then go down the page to "Attached Files". Click on that to download (it SHOULD go to your downloads folder automatically) and then open that downloaded file with uTorrent. It should say something about the file already being there, but just click yes and you should start seeding.