View Single Post
Old 2007-05-12, 06:12 PM
Recording/Mastering Engineer

Re: Are mp3 master recordings allowed @TTD???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubular
You have to record ATRAC MD through your soundcard to get a digital copy? You mean like a real time DAT to soundcard transfer using digital inputs and outputs or do you have to use the MiniDisc's analog out > soundcard's analog input?
Yes, I do. On my units, there's a digital in, but no out, but maybe for the home decks there is. The newer MD portable recorders had (well, HAVE) a mini-USB plug to connect to computer. Back in the day, I bought one, but at that time there was no Atrac>wav codec available, so I returned it to the store. It was all for saving your mp3's to the MD for playing portable... not to record MD and digital xfer it back.
I believe now the codec has been released, so digital MD>wav is possible for those capable. I am not. Analog out for me. MiniDisc 24 bit 44.1 Atrac digital record > analog out > computer 16 bit 44.1 wav record is what I gotta do.

Last edited by Audioarchivist; 2007-05-12 at 06:16 PM. Reason: extra extras
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes