View Single Post
Old 2005-07-11, 09:45 AM

Re: Confusing LP2 spectrum

Sorry for the slow reply - I'm... lazy

Anyway, firstly, I taped NIN on Friday night using the same setup and it's in a way reassuring to see this look for more "normal"

I think that most of my tapes do follow more typical patterns. When I was listening to the dredg recording, the highs seemed a lot better than they usually did, which prompted me to check out the spectrals and find such a nice appearance.

The transfers are currently analogue (digital ones will be done in the future, at which point this thread can perhaps get bumped) - I've made the following to show the level of noise floor that is being worked with. The short section at the beginning is with the MD unit on pause; thereafter it's playing back a section where the mic was not turned on. Obviously there is some noise, but by analogue transfer standards I think this cheap soundcard actually performs pretty well (a FA plot show basically a straight line along -90dB).

If I recall correctly, I had the levels set spot on when transferring so no normalisation was required.

And yes, apologies for the slowness of megaupload - I've been giving it a try as rapidshare is no good for people with transparent-proxy-ISPs and yousendit's expiration and download limits began to annoy me.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes