View Single Post
Old 2006-05-08, 09:41 AM

Re: 2 VIDEO_TS folders on the same DVD on a Mac?

You can do it with Toast but you'll lose the original menus and the disc will be presented as a series of chapters rather than titles (see under for alternative outcome).

You need to drag the first VIDEO_TS folder to the desktop and then use the Media browser to navigate down to chapter level. Drag the individual chapters over (in order) and allow Toast to copy them. DO NOT QUIT TOAST unless you've set the preferences not to delete temp files. Move the first VIDEO_TS folder back where it was and then drag the second to the desktop. Repeat the process and edit each chapter title to something more descriptive.

In the Formats pane, click More and go to the Encoding tab. Select Custom, Reencoding-Never and PCM as the audio option. You won't get PCM, unless the original movie had that audio format, this is just the stupid way to select passthrough on the audio.

If you don't want to keep the original chapters, you can let Toast add them (I believe the default is every 10 mins) and select Include Scene Menus for Videos in the Disc Settings pane. If you go this route you need only navigate down to title level in the first 2 processes and drag the whole thing across rather than individual chapters.

Make whatever other choices you want in the Disc Settings pane and then it's probably advisable to create a disc image rather than burning so you can check all is kosher.

If you're not using a warezed copy of 7.0.1, I'd advise an upgrade to 7.0.2 (unless you want to make audio DVDs).

Black Keys - I Got Mine
Tintern Abbey - Vacuum Cleaner
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes