View Single Post
Old 2008-04-29, 05:25 PM
TTD Staff

Re: Computer Literate with a Ratio Question

Make sure you have DHT turned off. It is on be default, so you need to actually do something to turn it off (try google, I use Azureus on a mac, so I can't help you). If you connect to others via DHT, then you are bypassing the tracker and thus not telling the tracker about what you have uploaded and thus no update on your stats.

I also noticed that the last time I had posted, you had just restarted your torrents about 30 minutes prior. Right now, it looks like they were just started 1.5 hours ago. Are you doing this? It could be if something is restarting uTorrent on you that it isn't being done correctly and letting uTorrent talk to the tracker prior to being restarted.

And just a little thing, but the only show you are actually seeding is the 1975 Bob Marley one which currently has 152 seeders and 4 leechers. You simply can't be uploading much there. It's a 205 MB show. Even if you were to be able to upload 'your share', that is only 820MB needed divided by 156 seeders which is a bit over 5 MB for each person to share before the leechers are all done.

(I like math, too, and yours is faulty. As an example - if you had a .5 ratio on a 10 GB show and then a 2.0 ratio on 3 shows that were only 1 GB each, this is your logic:

4 Torrents Downloaded = 13 GB
Ratio total of (.5+2+2+2) / 4 Torrents = 1.625

Total Downloaded: 10+1+1+1 = 13 GB
Total Uploaded: 13*1.625 = 21.125GB
Share Ratio: 21.125 / 13 = 1.625

Reality is:
4 Torrents Downloaded = 13Gb
Upload on torrent 1 = .5 * 10 GB = 5 GB
Upload on torrent 2 = 2 * 1 GB = 2 GB
Upload on torrent 3 = 2 * 1 GB = 2 GB
Upload on torrent 4 = 2 * 1 GB = 2 GB

Total Uploaded: 5 + 2 + 2 + 2 = 11 GB