View Single Post
Old 2007-02-19, 10:15 AM

archive on an Ipod?

Hi,

I have a bunch of shows on CDR's that I've downloaded/collected over the years. My pc is a 3-year old laptop with total storage of about 25G, so whenever I get a show I eventually have to decode to WAV, burn it to CDR, and at some point delete the WAVs & SHN/FLAC files from my pc to make room for something else. (I do leave the torrent running for a while, to share with others before I have to zap it from my PC. I try to keep positive share ratio.) Anyway I now have a book full over CDRs with just the name and date written on the disk. I don't play them that much, probably because they are not in order and I don't have the setlists memorized. I was considering buying an Ipod and ripping the CDRs to either to a WAV format, or trying to convert back to SHN or FLAC and put them on there. The benefit being that I can easily access any show, see the setlist, etc and it would take up less room. Then I could maybe plug it into my stereo. Does anyone else do this?

Also, I hear that the larger WAV files can quickly drain the battery compared to MP3. Something about the hard drive spinning all the time. Do larger WAV files have the same problem on flash-based MP3 players (like the Nano)?

Sorry if this topic is heresy!
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes