View Single Post
Old 2007-06-02, 10:29 AM

Re: I am either too tired or yeah I am too tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Lynne
I would not worry about your ports right now. As a seeder, it isn't quite as important that you not be firewalled. So, let worry about getting you connected.

- First, stop the torrent (red square) yup i got that part done
- Now, delete the torrent from bittorrent (red X)ditto
- Now go into Preferences and make sure it is NOT set to always download to the same folder automatically.this is where i probablly scew itall up
- Now go to the thread and click on the torrent file and save it to your harddrive (note where it is being saved) other issue is, now uTorrent is trying to do it and the Bittorrent is trying it also.
- Now go to that torrent and double-click it to start ithaven't gotten here cuz of the other crap
- BitTorrent should ask you where you want to save the files (if it doesn't, then you didn't do the third step)see above answer
- Tell it where your folder is that you picked to make the torrent filei've probally told it everywhere on my hardrive at this point, not sure where the right one is anymore.(seriously)
- It will say something like "Are you sure you want to put them there? There are already files there." Say Yesdo not pass go, do not collect $200 (where's the get out jail free card and community chest when you need them?)
- It will then go through and verify that you have 100% of the torrent(definitely not in Kansas anymore)
- Now it should go into Seeding Mode. If it doesn't, you may have to select that torrent in the BitTorrent Window and then select the Green arrow to tell it to start.(you want it when?? )

Go through these steps and if something doesn't work right, let me know what step you are having problems on.

(Do you have AIM? Cuz I'm on there.)

Just so you don't think I am a super wise ass, these comments were/are being made from work, while supposed to be working! hahah Yah right! It's gonna be a really long day today.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes