View Single Post
Old 2014-02-10, 03:46 AM
TTD Staff

Re: Trader's Little Helper

Quote:
Originally Posted by gojikranz View Post
hello I have been happily using traders little helper for years with no major issues. then today i tried to use it and got "error while closing handle(s)" message this happened for anything i have tried to convert today (SHN and Flac).

as far as i know i have not made any big changes to anything so i don't understand why this would happen.

i tried uninstalling and reinstalling to no avail. any ideas?
It's almost impossible to tell what's wrong on your side... some thoughts:
  1. The error while closing handle(s) message often indicates insufficient access rights (multiple users try to access the same file and file open attributes are not set to allow sharing, or the files to be processed with TLH are located in a directory you don't have access rights for (even if you're logged in as an admin), for example).
  2. TLH tries to write to a target directory that you don't have write access to (even if you're logged in as an admin).
  3. Anti-virus and/or firewall program settings have changed.
  4. Windows remembers a lot of things. If you completely uninstall TLH including re-boot, there still might be something in the registry that could cause troubles after you've re-installed TLH.
    Only a) if you are really familiar with using the registry and b) if you know what you're doing when tampering with Windows:
    1. Uninstall TLH and re-boot.
    2. Open the Registry Editor and remove entries that hold one of the following programs if and only if the programs are located in the CmdlineApps subfolder of TLH's installation folder:
      aucdtect.exe, flac.exe, lame.exe, mac.exe, metaflac.exe, mkwcon.exe, mkwm4.drv, shntool.exe, shorten.exe, tralih.exe.
    3. Close the Registry Editor.
    4. Open Windows Explorer and empty the prefetch folder (a subfolder of the Windows system folder).
    5. Re-boot.
    6. Install TLH to the folder the setup suggests.
    7. Re-boot and try using TLH.

Hope this helps.
Robert
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes