View Single Post
Old 2022-06-13, 01:07 PM
Champion of the Silent
TTD VIP

Re: Shame on you, admins

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudFellow View Post
OK, I'm a moderately generous uploader, and my complaining is usually in private with mostly DCbullet (sorry about that DC). I'm closing in on 1200 uploads which are like 90% my own recordings so I may have earned a little right to complain publicly. The connection reset error is a plague on uploaders, and as I try to put up three samples when I upload the fact that it generates a second error that makes you go select the samples again makes sharing samples the worst part of the site for me. This can happen multiple time in a row too, 5 is the worst I've experienced. As a user and uploader, the fact that it no longer seems to calculate upload amounts properly always makes me paranoid. The search engine for torrents doesn't work properly (although telling it you are looking for an fm first seems to help). This is sometimes necessary for checking if a show that is not my own recording is on the system already. And of course for me (you too?) the Mark This Forum Read selection rarely works the first time. The fact that this is the only forum that allows Merlefest (be quiet about that) and that they let me change my nickname when I started uploading (in order to maintain anonymity) are all that are left of my good will and the temptation to move to DIME increases every time I have to Manage Attachments multiple times.

I hope this was polite enough, there is some underlying crankiness I can't seem to completely hide (a problem IRL too).

Well said, man! I have 2658 uploads here...and every time I add to that total I find myself asking "Why am I still here?". I had one the other day that took me 23 tries to attach the torrent file. And that's only the first step!!! I refuse to go to DIME, but it might be time to start looking at other sites.