View Single Post
Old 2005-05-11, 06:58 AM
TTD Staff

Re: Trader's Little Helper

Sorry for answering so late, but there was *a lot* of trouble at home the last couple of days ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by direwolf
... Am I right in thinking that for most eventualities you'd use 'fix' mode, only using 'pad' mode if you wanted to pad the last file of a set with silence [ie, if that was the only track with a SBE]. ...
Yep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bato
Like the other person earlier in the thread, I have the exact same exception errors and the same lock up problem. I am using the latest build and have all updates for Windows XP. This looks like a great program that I will revisit once the bugs are worked out. Thanks for taking the time to do this Robert. I've been waiting for someone to do a GUI for shntool and will use this once it's stable. Back to my command line, for now.
As I said earlier in this thread there is *no* bug and Trader's Little Helper *is* stable. This "access violation ... in RICHED20.DLL" error occurs because Windows OS (AFAIK WinXP and Win2003 only) has some kind of timing problem accessing the dll if the calling application uses different ways (at nearly the same time) in the OS messaging system to put text into a richedit element.

At the moment I am testing a 6 CD set of flac files, size about 1,92 GB, every file with a sector boundary error. I've rewritten two lines so all fix SBEs output instructions are using the same way in the messaging system now. Seems this solves the problem, but I'm not sure yet and will do more tests over the next days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by direwolf
Another thing I've noticed - if you double click on more than one md5, mkwact will queue them up for checking - this doesn't happen with TLH - for a future release perhaps ?
If you select more than one file and then double-click on them Windows OS *always* will pass just the file your mouse cursor was over at the time of double clicking (test this with .txt files for example). So only one checksum file can be verified via double-click. But if you select more than one file and then use your right mouse button you can select the 'Verify with Trader's Little Helper' item in the files context menu. Trader's Little Helper will then verify *all* selected files.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes