View Single Post
Old 2008-07-28, 03:07 PM
roomful

Re: people who sell shows....

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sixth Rat Packer View Post
This time I sat there and thought about it. I had some paypal dough laying around, and so I swallowed my pride and sent him like..38 bucks for the four dvds I wanted. He wanted 40 and I was like "dude, I got like 38.23..." lol

And that wasn't a lie.

So he was like, that's cool, go ahead.

So I paid him weekend and he shipped them this past monday. Got them today.

They're FANTASTIC.

One of the shows has a "do not sell this show" thing on it which kinda made me laugh.
This makes me laugh too, more than you know.

Those who support such messages claim that they prevent sales. But here is exhibit A that shows they do not! They are kind of annoying though for the free traders to have to look at if they are on the actual show footage, and not just on a menu.

My opinion on buying shows is that it is never 100 % kosher, but at least you are liberating the shows to thousands of free traders who will now get them for free. Here's an idea for liberating more shows at lower cost: Sign up at an R&B/soul/hip hop message board/community (or make a thread here at TTD if there is interest) and then get several people (like 50 ppl each chip in $1.00 to a paypal account) to split the cost of buying them. Then you torrent the discs so everyone can get them for free. Before you do that, though, you might want to check to see if these shows are already circulating in the free trade community, and see if you can trade for them or get someone to seed a torrent.