Thread: M4v
View Single Post
Old 2006-01-16, 12:41 AM

Re: M4v

yeah , I mostly use flacfrontend to do flac as I can align sector boundaries when compressing wav back to flac...I still have mkwACT on my setup and it takes care of most shn decoding and I never convert back to shn anymore...I have shorten and foobar2000 as well for audio stuff. I used foobar the other day to convert ape to flac directly , no wav step in there , and I couldn't believe how fast it went !
I checked SBE's in TLH afterwards and there were none. I'm not sure if foobar can fix SBE's...I never noticed that function and never needed it for that yet.
I was just wondering about the DVD burning because I wanted something that can do simple data burns of VIDEO_TS folders that I get in DVD torrents that isn't a 'bulky' program like Nero or Record Now is getting to be....I use Burn At Once for audio burns and it works just fine. EAC uses a burn at once technology that takes care of buffer under run problems , but EAC burns always soung too bassy...almost like noise reduction or something...Burn At Once sounds better and I never have any problems . As far as data burning goes , it only supports DVD discs if you install DVD Pro as well and email for a license to DVD Pro. I think he only grants licensing to educational facilities..something like that...what a shame since I really like BAO...I can be doing a bunch of things at once , surfing , playing files , and of course , my perpetually running torrent client , whatever , while burning with it and still no coasters....

"We all got it coming, kid." ~ William Munny

suicide nazi gunslinger blazin' down the hall tonight ~ PJ Stevey

in your pomp and all your glory, you're a poorer man than me, as you lick the boots of death born out of fear ~ Ian Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by general eclectic View Post
Because we can't get by without [you].

Last edited by starman714; 2006-01-16 at 12:51 AM.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes