View Single Post
Old 2023-09-18, 07:00 PM
TTD Administrator
TTD Staff

Re: internet outage affecting some downloads

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank carson View Post
This shouldn't be a problem.
I have automated reseeding enabled at the moment, so it should pick up any slack.

I scrape (up to) the first 8 pages of the "orphans" list once every hour between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m. and automatically locate/reload any torrents in my archive (there's usually only 3-5 pages for me these days).
So if a torrent has 0 seeders and at least 1 leecher it will get restarted
Bottom line, if you are looking for anything that has zero seeders, start it up and there's a fair chance you will get an automated fill
Wow most impressive and thank you! I was thinking of creating a script for DH and others to do exactly what you have done with the orphans list. What language did you write it in?

It's good to use the orphans list for that as anything from torrents.php now excludes non-connectable (firewalled) seeders. I changed the code in torrents.php around Jan 2023. It's not perfect as some firewalled seeders are not firewalled to some others depending on their location. But it's the best metric we have at this time to tell if a torrent needs a seeder.

DH told me his fiber cable became unburied in a spot and the lawnmower chopped it... hopefully they buried the new cable a bit deeper.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes