View Single Post
Old 2005-08-10, 11:17 AM
TTD VIP

Re: Standards for Naming Torrent Folders

Quote:
Originally Posted by guygee
Hey, not everyone can be a "superstar" taper from the 70's!

Anyways, what motivates you to seed your tapes at all? Why bother? After all, you can listen to them yourself whenever you want, right?

I did like your collection of "Black Napkins", but I really do not know if there is anything else in your collection I would want. I haven't looked at your list. So I wasn't referring to "me" collecting your shows, but to the general collecting pool. You know, the stuff that will survive after you die? Your life's work? You don't care? I guess you and I just look at things differently.

As to what I can contribute beyond "suggestions", it depends on what the folks who run Trader's Den think of my suggestions. Do they want to implement them in some form? If so, maybe I could help. If not, end of discussion.
guygee....

Your delusions are showing.

I speak from a perspective of history in the collector's world, you speak like a computer programmer.........

What motivates you to want collectors to follow your 'suggestions', hmmm????

My motivations are part of my inner demons and I very rarely "release" anything you want, so hopefully, we will not have to cross paths again.

As for being a superstar, far from it. I never consider anything like that.

You haven't looked at my list because you weren't invited to do so.

Who told you you deserve to have that right? I haven't seen your list, but I haven't felt the need to do that either. What do you wanna bet that you have shows I recorded on your list? Maybe with bogus lineage?

"My life's work?" again I say to you, "......... and the horse you rode in on....."

To try to compartmentalize someone who has lived longer than you and done more for YOUR hobby than you are even willing to do smacks of immaturity on you part.

However I did notice in this very thread that another, much younger and very prolific taper telling you the same thing; go record some shows yourself.

Then your perspective will carry some weight; instead of trying to scale Mount Olympus with your hands full of 'gimme' and your mouth full of 'much obliged'......

As far as the mods and general populace here at TTD go, I expect you'll get the same reaction you've gotten already. Maybe 6 people care, and 1000 couldn't give a good goddam. (As long as they get the show, lineage be damned.)

Been there, done that........
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes