View Single Post
Old 2009-09-21, 11:06 AM

Re: do remasters fit with the site's mission statement?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five View Post
everybody tell us what you think about this

also don't say some guy does good remasters unless you've heard the before and after comparison. most of it is pure rubbish.

only a couple guys got a good reputation

well I must chime in here,

I wonder if I have any kind of reputaion to speak of.

I have done about 35 reworks most with the tapers approval.

I spend hours and hours cleaning the original of digi noises and cuts then I spend more hours listening and re-listening and comparing samples to the original for an improvement. When I feel I have something worthwhile I send samples to the taper for their approval and do not post unless they give their blessing. sometimes all I do is clean out the bad noises and then re-post as there is no need to listen to clicks and mic rustle if they can be removed without hurting the music.

I have done reworks from vinyls and pressed cds that have been ruined by lables in their attempt to "ehem" improve the content but most of my reworks have been approved by the taper.

I also make it very clear that my posts have been sonically altered so there is no way anyone can download one of mine and say hey this isnt the original because if they spent even a second reading the description they would have read the warning.

I use Adobe Audition with another top notch program called Izotope Ozone for the bulk of my enhanced versions. this is not a simple eq job and cannot be compared to twisting some knobs on a stereo which is not the same as using Izotope which also does mid/side processing .

http://www.izotope.com/products/audio/ozone/

My only intention is to improve the listening experience. Not everyone simply collects recordings for shelving and not everyone is interested in hearing a flat one dimensional recording and If I can pump some life into what would other wise be a limited listen i.e. once or twice then shelved and make it something you would want to listen to all the time then I see no reason not to.

I have an Frank Marino rework that is so good you'd think it was from another source but all thanks go to the taper so there is no confusion with my posts at all. Its running at jamtothis, I would have posted it here but why do I want to put up with people who will bad mouth it without even hearing the results.

Go to dime http://www.dimeadozen.org/account-details.php?id=21208 and look over my posts and check out what people have said and if you have a mind to prove me wrong download a track or to and see for yourself its its shit or not as just saying it is doesnt make it so.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes