View Single Post
Old 2007-05-25, 08:46 PM

Re: What are Site Admins allowed to do with donations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombfuckingsucks
Torrent sites should never ever sell ratio power for money and then falsely apply the misnomer "donation" as though it were a donation to downplay the sale of copyrighted material; which is what it is! While donations for server costs are fine, exchanging bootlegs or access to bootlegs for money is not. Any website that engages in this action is sleazy and reprehensible at best.

THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN SALE AND DONATION

Sale: The exchange of product for money
Donation: A pledge or free contribution without reciprocal exc

U2Lynne,
I'm not trying to be adversarial and I commend that you are trying to restore some peace and civility. However, I think people should at least be aware of the particular websites that do engage in this practice, otherwise corruption will go unfettered and unquestioned at the expense of free trade and the true spirit of music.
God you are so full of shit. You and your bullshit tough wanna be lawyer talk. No one is selling access to bootlegs you stupid fuck. Your definition of donation is not entirely accurate. People make donations or contributions to charities all the the time that offer small gifts of their appreciation. Offering an upload credit is not offering product or access. Everyone has equal access to the site and agree's to the site's rules about sharing before they start downloading. If you don't like the rules about share ratios then don't join. As long as is clear as to what the money goes to, then there is no problem. If you believe otherwise then you should offer some evidence besides your bullshit rantings, and hold all sites to the same conditions. If you don't want to donate then by all means do not. If you don't want an upload credit, then say so, and you won't get it. Torrents can be made ratio free at the request of the taper, and are if you are so concerned about money issues. Your attempt to slander a certain website is totally fucking bogus. Take your asshole lawyer prick waving and go fuck yourself.