View Single Post
Old 2006-05-20, 10:08 PM
LastStarfighter

Re: Too many seeders dilutes share ratio?

you say ratio isn't important, than I think that we shouldn't be able to see what others have for an d/u ratio, only mods and I should see what my ratio is, it would stop some of the eliteist bitching about someones ratio being below 1, and in the short time I've been here I've seen lots of it

some of us don't have massive hard drives to store 50 shows on.
I have a micro 12 gig hd with 8 gig free for downloading(current free space is 1.5 gig) so if I want to download something I have to make room. I do my best to get every show I dowloaded to at least a ratio of 1 before I stop seeding, even then I'll try to finish off a peer if there are no seeds other than myself, but someone else comes on to download the show and the old peer that should have started seeding removes them self from the pool leaving me in the position of stranding a peer if I want to download something else.

I'd rather see a limit on downloads(1 per day?) when a users ratio drops below 1 and (1 per week?)when a users ratio drops below .5 you'd have to give the user a week to improve there ratio before a download restriction
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes