View Single Post
Old 2007-05-09, 11:26 PM
GrOoOvemeister

Re: Should we ban thoughtless leechers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by freezer
Hey, just look what the site owner learned from me.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Lynne
You wall-eyed apple-knocking pig-fucker! You don't know shit!

I always wondered where the inspiration for that came from...that's fuckin great!!!

now if we need anger management, we can make a forum for that, but everything seems to have broken down here we're supposed to be talkin about banning people (or not banning them)

I'll add again the idea that if we added (add any number of GB here) for every vine offered, or bnp or whatever they do to contribute to the site...something so that the ratio reflects ALL that they do here, and not just the bandwidth you give and take...many people with poorer ratios would have a great boost after their other efforts are recognized, putting them in better standing on the numbers...and the only people with poor ratios would be those who REALLY do nothing at all for the site (correct me if I'm wrong)

even if we abandon the idea of banning people for poor ratios, we should still consider the idea of representing the full scope of peoples efforts here in the ratio...those numbers are only here to praise or shame the users...it's all about ego, if not enforcement...and for whatever reason we keep score, shouldn't we count all the points???

if we show the ratio just for the sake of showing it, then we should make sure it is an accurate reflection of what they do here, not just the uploading and downloading...maybe it's just me, but I think that would spare a lot of folks a lot of hassle, and also stop some good people from defending their ratios...it would cut off a lot of problems at the head if the ratios were more reflective of the big picture...but that's just one mans opinion, for whatever it's worth
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes