View Single Post
Old 2011-01-26, 01:52 PM
Cornelious Jerome Garcia Oppenheimer Cornelious Jerome Garcia Oppenheimer is offline

Re: The discussion areas of TTD

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameskg View Post
Seems like you want to ban him for it and I don't necessarily agree with that.
Nope. Not at all.

I do not wish for anyone to be banned right now and would suggest that if the rules were to be enforced more, that it be a subtle slow change and give some users some ample time to see where they fall before anyone gets banned.

I think some of the users that troll will stop if they see an effort from the staff to put a stop to the negative trolling.

I do differentiate between negative and positive trolling. Really quick example, Rob calling me buzz_kill and giving me a hard time, positive trolling.

If I did have a problem with it though, I would talk to him and then talk to the staff, and he should be addressed and temp banned if it did not stop, then banned for good if he kept it up. As it would fall under taking issues across multiple threads and stalking.

But I do not have an issue with Rob, I know he is just old and crotchety

So obviously the trolling would need to be addressed by the people that are being trolled. Many do not mind, some do. I do think it has gone above just trolling and into a gray area of bullying and the recipients have no choice but to leave or dish it right back.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes