View Single Post
Old 2005-07-16, 12:32 PM
Yeah, that's a zebra donkey

Re: Extremely slow shut-down times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted
EDIT: To try to speed things up, I Googled that trd ww thing and saw a couple mentions of Total Recorder. If you have that, you might try uninstalling it and then reboot your computer. Shut it down once more to see if it helped. If so, you know the likely culprit. If not, then post those screenshots and we'll continue.

If you use AIM, ICQ, or MSN instant messengers, we can work on this faster. It's up to you.
Haha, I also googled and found out that it might be total recorder last night. I just haven't restarted yet because I wanted to let the computer run for awhile before I tried (because sometimes it shuts down at a normal speed when it has only been running a few minutes). I think that this may have been the problem.

As far as getting the full file name of that process, I don't know how to see it because the dialogue window can't be resized and I can't figure out how to scroll over. It also shuts pretty quickly sometimes and it's too fast to get a screen shot. Anyhow, I'll restart soon and see how it goes.

-Phil
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes