View Single Post
Old 2004-12-27, 07:41 PM
What'cha Got There?

Re: Need Help With DVD Shrink

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuba
I don't know what exactly is DVD Shrink good for, but I use DVD Decrypter for copying DVDs.
Shrink allows you to do a heck of a lot more than just copy a DVD. You can pick and choose what you want burned...which may not sound like much if the disc you're trying to copy is too big to fit on one DVDR and the french subtitles only take up a couple k's,...but do you always need that "making of" and "behind the scenes" stuff at the sacrifice of not fitting everything on one disc? Plus!, you can combine material from different DVD sources onto one (make your own compilation)...and a bunch of other stuff. If you haven't tried it you're missing out on A LOT of nice options.

thisistoto: Now on to the problem at hand....obviously you've rebooted from everything it sounds like you've done. What OS is it?...and just as importantly, do you remember installing anything not to long before the problem started? If you're on XP and have it set to auto update you may have had MS sneak into your system with something they thought would help

You could try defragging your hardrive(s) if you haven't done that in awhile.
Also, try CTL+ALT+DLT and shut down everything running in the background, and then try burning...this is an easy way to see if there's a program running in the background that may be fouling things up. If Shrink works then you can try just selectively turning off programs.

The only other advice I'd add is to ask one of the mods to move this thread over to the Technobabble section where it won't get so lost here....or you can just post new in there.

Give a shout back on how you're doing.