View Single Post
Old 2013-05-12, 09:57 PM
Peninsulanwolf

Re: Not getting credit for uploads - HELP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by senormogul9 View Post
And back to that point.... I just watched as my tracker registered an upload of at least 50 MB for a video that i downloaded several weeks ago. (That video is NOT listed as one of the shows that i am "seeding"......) Simple math would say that that is worth an upload of .0488 gigbytes (50/1024). My upload amount should have changed by at least .04 gigs. It did not, it has remained unchanged. If this happened say 5 times a day due to my not doing something right, and you multiply that by 30 days, it improves my ratio quickly. Hence my question.
I think it just takes a bit of time for stats to update, your upload total has increased by 0.70 gigs since your last post in this thread and the share ratio has increased to 0.28 -- congrats!!!

Probably the best way to improve a share ratio is to avoid torrents which won't have any downloaders after you finish, and concentrate on jumping on a new torrent that will be popular ASAP after it is seeded. Stay on long after you've finished downloading and you'll be uploading far more than you downloaded.

Good luck and just keep on chooglin'
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes