View Single Post
Old 2007-05-26, 07:18 PM
the non-nuclear Homer Simpson

Re: What are Site Admins allowed to do with donations?

I have no problem donating to sites I trust (trust is the keyword). I've given money to several that I felt deserve it including this one. When the new servers were coming in and TTD was behind the money curve I gave some cash. Not because I felt obligated, but because I've known Lynne for like 5 years and trust her and how she operates this site. I don't want to see this place go down so I keep an eye on the operating cost here. Should I, as a paying member, demand accountability? Depends on the site. But here, I trust Lynne and what she has set out to accomplish. A free and open trading site with very little restrictions except to keep the trade pool clean. Share ratios aren't enforced like other sites, money gifts buy you nothing but a sense of helping the community and it's one of the most helpful communities around. How many other sites give their members such helpful techno help? Rarely does a site give such unselfish help to the community. Yes, there are a few bad apples, but for the most part the technobabble section here is unsurpassed. If they don't have the answer, they have the link.

Lynne, you have a great site and I respect you tons for doing what you do and still maintaining a great marriage and family. If we never meet, you will always be a friend to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
I hear the Rape is lovely this time of year.
Quote:
hey man if nobody else has helped you out, i can continue to ignore you too