View Single Post
Old 2005-01-08, 04:50 AM

Re: Too Tight, Too Loose, Just right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainDawg
I had nothing to do with pulling this show, but I honestly don't understand what the big stink was. All you had to do was write down the following at the beginning of the seed:

SBD > ? > CDRx > EAC > WAV > FLAC

Then make a note that, though it's of unknown lineage, that it's digitally clean, gapless, and complete. The problem I see here is that this contains officially released material, unless I am mistaken. And all you have to do is make a short post in Technobabble BEFORE posting and a mod will let you know whether it's OK or not, and work with you to get it to a point where it is.

Edit to add: Maybe it's not officially released, so I see no reason why it wouldn't be an ok seed if formatted and notated nicely.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepElem
Sure, SBD > ? > CDRx > EAC > WAV > FLAC, would of been easy.
But I couldn't trace it to that, so in my book, that's making up lineage, lieing, and I just won't fuckin do it...
Let's not put any fiction in the lineage. "no lineage" is fiction. Let's make a lineage that's accurate for your show so that you can post it...
  • This is SBD. This is the first piece of your lineage.
  • TAO gaps are caused by burning an audio cdr TAO. Since we don't know how the SBD got to CDR, we have to add a "?". Since we don't know how many copies were made of that audio cdr, we have to make it CDR(x).
  • This audio cdr was then extracted and converted to FLAC with unknown software. This is how you received the show.
  • Tracks were joined using SHNtool.
  • TAO gaps were removed using EAC.
  • Tracks were split using CDWave.
  • The split tracks were encoded to FLAC.
You know a lot about what happened to the show, but didn't report even one thing in the Lineage, not even "SBD" at the beginning or "FLAC" at the end. There is no such thing as "no lineage". By my reasoning the above list is everything we can tell for certain about the show, so I would write the lineage as:

SBD > ? > CDR(x) > ?unknown extraction software > FLAC > SHNtool (all tracks joined) > EAC (TAO gap removal) > CDWave (re-tracking) > FLAC

You listened very carefully to the show and even posted a detailed list of the flaws you found. This is excellent work!

We don't want people making up fictional lineage. I stress the point that "no lineage" is the fiction. "no lineage" is lying. The only way a show could have no lineage is if you can't tell if it is AUD or SBD and also can't identify the format to which it has been encoded. Any show posted at TTD without lineage will be pulled immediately.

thetradersden.org | ttd recommended free software/freeware webring
shntool tlh eac foobar2000 spek audacity cdwave vlc

Quote:
Originally posted by oxymoron
Here you are in a place of permanent madness, be careful!
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes