View Single Post
Old 2005-01-07, 02:47 PM
DeepElem

Re: Too Tight, Too Loose, Just right?

This will be my last post on this thread, cause I really didn't mean to cause any trouble, but when I start seeing posts like i'm gonna post from ezt, I can tell some folks were happy, theres not alot of posting at ezt on most seeds.

paste:
1-#200249 by iarooster at 2005-01-06 23:45:18 GMT
In my 22+ years of tape trading, this has always been my favorite show. I've traded for it I don't know how many times. I started off with a cassette that was pretty pitiful; there was a ton of tape skew/wow and flutter through most of Back to Memphis and it was plenty hissy. But what a show! Over the years I got better cassettes, then DATs, then discs. The version I've got now is mighty damn good but I'm always looking for a possible upgrade.

By the way, Saved is from 7-31. That show doesn't hold a candle to this one...

2-y davmar77 at 2005-01-06 17:29:48 GMT
this was quite a weekend.watkins glen was a couple days earlier with the dead,allmans and the band.i recall an interview with lesh saying the hardest thing abut that fest was convincing the band to play.it was their 1st live show since 12/31/71 at the academy of music from the shows used for 'rock of ages'.considering their absence from touring,you sure couldn't see anything lacking in their set.then both nights in jersey city with the dead from 20 ft in front of the stage.and this night,8/1/73,was garcia's birthday.
ah ,the good ol' daze,
dave

3- Migrant at 2005-01-06 19:09:19 GMT
Thanks DeepElem, I've been looking for this for quite awhile.
Please find some pix that I previously acquired.
What's the betting that Augustus Owsley Stanley III, "The Bear", recorded this?

4-nice pics.did you see me? i was the one clapping near the stage.
as far as who recorded,i think bear was out of circulation at this time.it could be a betty board or just another in the usual day's events of documenting all the shows.
dave
5-In comment #200049 Piperstash wrote something like this:

heheheheh my gfs mom and da went to this show, thats too funny, gonna have to get on this and get a copy for them

Give her a copy, she has and had along time ago Very Good Taste to see The Band

End:
u can go read the rest.
But that's what all this is about to me, seeing ppl happy.
I'll be around, not on this thread tho.
Charlie
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes