View Single Post
Old 2008-06-21, 08:53 AM
Lockout here

Re: Rock band logos and fonts

Quote:
If you convert a logo to shape in PS, can you then save it and attach it to a menu in a DVD authoring program?
Shape is a vector object you can re-use in Photoshop. When you apply a color fill it it becomes a raster object. So, yes, you can use it as any stuff created in PS.

Many authoring programs accept PSD format, however, not all handle it well. For example DLP completely ignores styles, even a font layer is rasterized. It has also problem with other options applied under layer blending.

Quote:
I assume you can create an entire menu page in PS and then save as JPEG or BMP and import that page into the DVD authoring program. I just don't know how to do it.
Depends how specific authoring program handles PSD format. I use DVD Maestro: 1st (upper) layer contains subpicture aka highlights, while 2nd all the rest, including these parts which are highlighted when selected.

TDA treats PSD as a flat background. DLP can reuse all layers in whatever order they are.

Quote:
I have found PS brushes for rock bands, but don't know how to use that either.
Import them to PS: Edit> Preset manager > Brushes > Load. Just select a brush and appropriate color; hardness & opacity 100%; mode normal, and 'smack' it on the layer you want - better on a separate as you can manipulate it further. That's all.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes