View Single Post
Old 2008-02-15, 02:31 AM
TTD Staff

Re: Trader's Little Helper

Quote:
Originally Posted by datdork View Post
with the last two versions I've noticed a few things. well one in particular. when you click on a md5 or ffp it opens TLH but the option to verify doesn't come up (grayed out). I know you can open TLH and load the file to verify but it's much easier and it's a habit to just click on the md5 or ffp.

one faster way I've gotten around opening and pointing it to the checksum is when I click on the md5/ffp I hit "create checksum" since verify is grayed out. that way I'm in the folder already. then I change to verify and again I'm in the correct folder. this works but is far from perfect and clicking the file should give the option to verify as it did in older versions and as it does (automaticaly) in mkwact etc.
What nonsense, the way TLH handles loading a checksum file wasn't changed at all! Newer releases work the same way older ones do: If you double-click on a checksum file TLH will be opened with that file ready to verify. There was/is no option you have to choose, even if you select multiple checksum files and use the files context menu to add them to TLH.

This all works on the condition that during setup you have chosen the option to integrate TLH into Windows Explorer so supported checksum file extensions are associated with TLH. If you didn't have done that or if some other programs has overwritten the registry settings you may restore the settings via Options > Restore shell integration.

FYI: If you set the option Start verifying automatically after adding files on the Verify checksum files page in the Preferences dialog TLH automatically will start verifying the file(s) loaded as it does in mkwACT.

Robert
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes