View Single Post
Old 2007-05-26, 05:49 PM
Banned for excessive taping

Re: What are Site Admins allowed to do with donations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtbrown77
Sebastian: Did you really think that when you released this recording to the public that you could really keep it off of any particular site or stop it from being re-encoded to mp3 (which I understand has happened and is now circulating)?
I knew it would probably be impossible. I was expecting it to turn up on the Zomb about a week after my initial seed here. I don't think I would have had as much of problem with that as I have now. I'm not even sure whether or not I would have even checked the Zomb myself. A friend of mine pointed out to me that the recording was being shared there almost immediately after I finished seeding it. And I found that to be rather disrespectful towards a taper (once again).

There still is no valid reason why the recording needed to be reseeded there. If this was all about sharing the music the Zomb mods could have just posted links to the TTD torrents on their site. But this was just a welcome opportunity for them to give me the finger. I can live with that, as I said earlier. It's no big deal for me.

Edit: Let me just add that the reasons for my dislike of the Zomb are not personal differences with staff members (c'mon, there are assholes everywhere), but rather the aggressive donation policy of that side. I think I have already elaborated enough on that earlier.