View Single Post
Old 2005-07-02, 07:51 PM

Macintosh DVD burning?

I am having some problems burning DVDs of videos from this site. I am using a Macintosh G4 with OS X 10.3.9. I have successfully used iMovie and iDVD to edit my own home movies and burn them to DVD. However, when I try to burn DVDs using the VIDEO_TS files of concerts gotten from this site by dragging and dropping the VIDEO_TS file onto a blank DVD, there are problems on the resulting DVD. I can get the resulting DVD to play on my G4 just fine with the DVD Player application by going to "file" and then "Open VIDEO_TS" folder and selecting the VIDEO_TS folder on the DVD. However, several standalone DVD players I have tried won't even recognize this DVD. I used Disk Utility to compare this DVD with one I burned using iMovie and iDVD and the only difference I can find is that one says "Universal Disk Format" under "file system" and the other says "Mac OS Extended." The "Universal Disc Format" DVD (this is the one I created with iMovie and iDVD) plays fine in any standalone player, while the "Mac OS Extended" DVD will not.

Any suggestions on how to burn a DVD just by dragging and dropping the VIDEO_TS folder onto a blank DVD and then having the resulting DVD be able to be played by a standaloe player? Thanks very much in advance for any help you can give.

--bigu2fan
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes