View Single Post
Old 2008-02-13, 10:47 AM

Yet another Firewall question

Hey guys,

Please allow me to demonstrate my ignorance...

First of all, I am Firewalled and there is nothing I can do about it (for now) as I do all my downloading at work (I get hooked up with Qwest DSL tomorrow at my home...hooray!!).

Until recently, I was able to keep myself in the green, but recently after some changes to our network, I've been dropping into the red....94 at the moment. At first I figured it was caused by the changes they made, but last night I left the office with a torrent downloading. When I came in this morning, not only was it complete, but I was uploading at a rate in the 50s and 60s. I was very happy to see that, but I don't understand why sometimes I am able to upload, and other times I am not (?).

Another question...Will I need to make any significant changes to my account when my Home DSL is hooked up? Assign a Static IP etc...?

I really treasure the benefits found here, and I really want to contribute to the upload bounty.

Thank you for your patience during my freefall into the red...I will soon be taking steps to correct that!
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes