View Single Post
Old 2005-07-02, 08:41 AM

Re: Not sure if its lossy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffooky
And here's another couple. The lineage for these is:

Radio Broadcast-18th March 1967 Master reels > Cassette >CDR >iTunes >Shorten >shtn(Soundboard recording)

This was part of jonsatticuk's Experience in Germany/Sweden etc series and I'd be extremely surprised if there was any digital compression here but you can still see the stairstep/skyscraper effect.
This one looks almost identical to the '82 show in question. There was a Hendrix source in question a ways back that looked exactly like this and we all agreed that it was lossy, perhaps it is even this same one. I'll have to try to dig up the thread. Somebody even posted that they knew what group distributed it and gave the codec & bitrate info. I also saw one Yes show that also has this pattern. So looking at these Hendrix screenshots I conclude that this is also lossy. Yes, I know jon's stuff and it is some of the highest quality Hendrix ever heard but I'm sorry to say IMO this one is lossy like the other we are looking at. When I get a chance I'll dig for that old thread and get the exact encoder settings.

thetradersden.org | ttd recommended free software/freeware webring
shntool tlh eac foobar2000 spek audacity cdwave vlc

Quote:
Originally posted by oxymoron
Here you are in a place of permanent madness, be careful!
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes