View Single Post
Old 2020-04-22, 04:43 PM

Re: Checksums Demystified (.st5, .ffp and .md5)

nono that's the original programmer of frontah. the built-in functionality and visual design comes from him He is called 'madah' on hydrogenaud.io there are several old threads there talking about frontah. it seems like the typical story of a talented young free software developer who had to get back to real life and became uncontactable very suddenly.

so everything in there you've seen so far is his genius nothing of mine.

I was reading a lot of rarewares.org and installing every lossless codec I could get to work into frontah for fun and programming experience, when I realized shntool modules and multiline commands are available here, and that's about where I'm at now.

I recorded multitrack indie stuff, worked 10yrs of dialog editing and know the ttd/etree preferred practices. Not a formal education, but I got a lot of ideas that can translate to 'live show trading' beyond simply cloning TLH.

I removed all lossy functions and routines that could be harmful to the sort of FLAC content that we use. this is a pure lossless multi-frontend, just like shntool is a pure lossless program and there is nothing (yet) that exists in this category. the lossless for lossless' sake category. lossy can be done elsewhere, maybe even another frontah version if you want. it is not hard to find an mp3 encoder, it is hard to find something without it.

my 'script' (custom ini file) is getting very tidy now, but I broke something along the way. no harm, I have a backup that's working and with a little testing I hope to post working ini file here tomorrow.

here is a module you can try for now that I put together. take the frontah_script.ini out of frontah.dat using 7-zip or similar and paste this code to the very end (or anywhere you want for that matter) using notepad/whatever. keep frontah_script.ini in the same folder with frontah.exe

binaries are called from the path or frontah folder.

the is my flac re-encode at level 8 module. I want it to detect whether an overwrite is beneficial or not, as it is it just stupidly overwrites every file need it or not. there are icons, they are not necessary and it is easy to make your own if you want.

Code:
[reflac]
IconLarge      = reflac32.bmp
IconSmall      = reflac16.bmp
ModifiesInput  = 1
DisableConvert = 1
LongDesc       = Re-encode to FLAC
Menu           = -Advanced\Recompress\Re-encode FLAC files
N0Cmd0          = FLAC.exe -V -8 -f -o '%o' -- '%i'
N0InExt         = .flac
N0OutExt        = .flac
ShortDesc       = FLAC
StatusText      = Re-encoding
TrackbarText    = level 8 verified
Attached Images
File Type: bmp reflac16.bmp
( 822 Bytes, 1 views)

File Type: bmp reflac32.bmp
( 3.1 KB, 0 views)

thetradersden.org | ttd recommended free software/freeware webring
shntool tlh eac foobar2000 spek audacity cdwave vlc

Quote:
Originally posted by oxymoron
Here you are in a place of permanent madness, be careful!
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes