View Single Post
Old 2006-05-21, 09:42 PM

Re: Making torrents from Boot LP's

Well I never dreamt of doing any corrections, processing etc. I'm an old school audiophile, and all of my vinyl is mint. I have maintained everything A1 since the day I bought it whether 10, 20 or 30 years ago. The only faults would have been present the day I bought it.

I also have a professional record cleaning machine to clean anything before I would do a conversion. I have invested thousands in vinyl over the years(like many of you I'm sure) and have always treated it like an investment, although in reality as far as investments go this one has virtually no resale value these days!
Much of the material I have on vinyl is irreplaceable and may never see release on cd etc. but of course for our purposes, only the boots are relevant and I only have a few of those because I was always picky about the sound quality and face it, boots were not always cheap (never on sale!) and you didn't know what you were getting soundwise 30 years ago.

Any ticks, pops etc. would remain untouched but they would be minimal. Transfers would be more have likely to have tape hiss or crappy bootleg sound than vinyl or conversion artifacts.

Thanks for the tips and help.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes