View Single Post
Old 2005-04-29, 01:11 AM
TTD Staff

Re: Trader's Little Helper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jukesfan
A couple times today when fixing SBE's in .wav files the program ran fine then I'd get various error messages and it'd lock up. The only way I could get out of TLH was alt/control/del > end task.
The most recent error messages were:
Access violation at address 6C6C7566. Read of address 6C6C7566.
Access violation at address 74E35C8D in module RICHED20.dll. Read of
address 000000010.
There was a third but I forgot to write it down. Any idea why this is
happening? The files are fixed, regardless but they don't all show in the "window". In the last batch there were 20 files, the program only showed 16 as being "fixed" but when I looked in the folder all files were complete.
Earlier in this thread I posted ...
Quote:
The reason why I don't release the new version of Trader's Little Helper is a new very fast super duper 18 Ghz Pentium 6 machine that I can use now. On this one (and only on this one!) Trader's Little Helper crashes occasionally when showing audio file details of very long file sets. On one run all is fine and on the next one with the same list of files some nice little crash will happen. At this moment I'm really pissed off ...
... at that time I thought the reason for this is a bug somewhere in Trader's Little Helper ... but now I know it is _not_. It's a bug in RICHED20.DLL, a file that comes with Windows OS. The only way to get a new fixed version of this dll is to update Windows with the latest service pack.

Note: As you said ... if you are fixing SBEs and this error occurs do not panic. Fixing will be continued _properly_ until all files are processed. What is "lost" is the output in the log window because everytime Trader's Little Helper tells Windows to update the log window Windows "reacts" with this access violation thing. Just wait until all processing is done and then kill Trader's Little Helper via task manager.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes