View Single Post
Old 2009-01-18, 03:28 PM
making love, not war.

having trouble burning DL

ok. I need some help... if you can answer the following questions .... you will have saved me from ripping all of my hair out!

I can't seem to get my video-ts files to a DVD+RDL? i never had trouble with the dvd5s, but the 9s are giving me trouble. i have checked te program, I have reconfigured the hardware and changed the jumpers and IDE wires. set the primary drive to master and the secondary to slave. (thrice configured) reinstalled the software (twice)... but every time i think i have it... one of two things happen....

* it tells me the dvdrdl is full. (and it's not- it's right off the spindle)
* it doesn't recognize the disc at all and crashes every program i have running.

I have tried different media, (now working with memorex) I even got it to work once and managed to get one whole disc burnt (and the disc works great).... which concerns me... why would it work all of a sudden?- i haven't changed anything, no updates or anything...... But all of a sudden it's back to this crap again, and I've coastered 4 discs and I've lost my patience. as you know the DLs are NOT cheap and I don't want to shrink it if I can avoid it. I have been to every web site i can think of to try and figure this out, and I just can't seem to find anything about it. I burn stuff all the time... i really am at a loss... i'm beginning to think a sledge hammer would help?

I'm running nero 7 essen. and have just recently tried imgburn, on Windows XP, I have 2 DVD drives, both of which are capable of burning dvdrdl. ...and still all the same problems. PLEASE.... PLEASE HELP! it works... it doesn't work. it works.... it doesn't work... it makes me crazy.

please and thank you kyndly for your help in advance....

namaste.
We’re all connected; to each other, biologically; to the Earth, chemically; and to the rest of the universe, atomically. That’s kind of cool. That makes me smile. And I actually feel quite large at the end of that. It’s not that we are better than the universe; we’re a part of the universe. We’re in the universe and the universe is in us.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes